Phone: 509.995.9804

Child Relocation

If you have legal custody of your child through a Court order which gives residential time to the other parent, and you decide to move with your child, Washington State law requires that you do certain things before you move. The laws on relocation in Washington State presume you can move, but requires that you give notice to the parties who have visitation.

If the parties who have visitation with the child object to the move, the Court will review all the specifics of your move, hear the arguments against the move and make a decision as to whether the move is permitted.

The laws on relocation are very specific and time sensitive. They are also very complicated so it is important to speak with an attorney before you solidify your plans. Ann Farnsworth Law Office has an attorney specifically familiar with relocation action, so whether you are planning to move or planning to object to the other parties move, the lawyer will advise you on how best to proceed.